Wednesday 13 June 2012

New stuff to play with...

I've treated myself to a little online shopping for tools and supplies, and am having a lovely time experimenting with my new goodies.

I'm a first-timer with embossing boards and am impressed with how easy they are to use. I made this tiny little engagement stepper card using the Glitter Girls 'Mini Treasures' board.



I sometimes struggle with men's cards, so I thought perhaps some suitable papers would give me a starting place. I looked at all the 'manly' paper collections I could find, and I eventually chose some from the American Crafts 'Chap' collection. I love the fantastic retro patterns.


My final purchase was a Cuttlebug 'All in One' embossing folder, with an alphabet. I really like the idea of this product, and my first attempt did not disappoint - it's dark brown so it's difficult to see but I've embossed 'Mark' across the bottom of this card.


So, happily I feel that my shopping spree has been a total success...(until the credit card bill arrives, that is!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claudia!

    Thanks for following my blog and liking my FB page! I've just had a quick look around your blog and I'm loving your style. Quite similar to mine I think as I love clean lines. I'm not much into the whole vintage thing!

    Keep going hun, there's plenty of inspiration here on your blog!!
    Thanks

    Anthea

    ReplyDelete